My name is Ramshah Khalid, and I am a third-year student at Hogeschool Inholland, where I am pursuing a full-time Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering. Born and raised in Amsterdam, I am driven, creative, helpful, cheerful, and positive. I have previously completed an MBO degree in Architectural Engineering and have hands-on experience with various software like Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Twinmotion, SketchUp, Infra CAD, QGIS, Solibri, and Civil 3D. Adapting to new digital drawing programs comes easily to me. My long-term plan is to earn a Master’s degree at TU Delft and become an architect. I’m particularly interested in learning more about Rhino and Photoshop.
I am looking for an internship with an architectural firm, preferably a large and well-established company with expertise in Islamic architecture. I aim for an international setting where English is the medium of communication. Given that this is a graduation internship, I can commit to helping with company tasks at least one day a week, while focusing on my research during the remaining days. Ideally, the internship should be confirmed by November 20, 2023, to apply for a scholarship. If not, the approval date is December 31, 2023.
- The internship should allow me to demonstrate the end-level competencies tied to my degree.
- The work should be relevant and beneficial to the host company.
- The methodology and approach should allow for research and results at HBO level.
- The work should offer a realistic representation of the practical job field and be context-bound to the profession.
Additional conditions include:
- Availability of adequate professional guidance within or outside the company.
- A workplace and access to required information.
- A company size of at least 4 employees to experience a professional environment.
- A maximum of one workday per week for regular company tasks to focus on independent research.
- No past internship experience with the host company or no existing employment contract.
If your firm in the Netherlands matches these criteria and is in search of a dedicated and ambitious intern, I would be excited to discuss the possibilities. Let’s connect and explore how we can make this a fruitful experience!
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
It's been a dream of mine to become an architect. That means in 5 years time I would be a junior architect. Also I will be working under a big architect company and discover more about my own architecture style.
What does a perfect day look like for you?
Every task of the day has been completed (being productive and persistent) and afterwards there is time for myself or time with a family member or friend to do something fun or relaxing or meaningful. Such as taking a walk in the nature with a beautiful view. Or trying new activities or trying to learn new things such as learning more about my religion.