Immerse yourself in the breathtaking landscapes of Ghana as you contribute to vital conservation efforts through our Wildlife Conservation Internship. Engage directly with the wonders of nature while playing a pivotal role in preserving Ghana’s rich biodiversity.
- Location: Various natural reserves and conservation areas across Ghana
- Duration: 1 week to 3 months, with the possibility for extensions based on performance and mutual agreement
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, dedicating 7 hours/day to conservation activities
- Biodiversity Conservation: Play a role in safeguarding the rich biodiversity of the region
- Community Engagement: Engage with local communities to foster a culture of conservation
- Research and Monitoring: Assist in critical research and monitoring initiatives to inform conservation strategies
In this role, you will immerse yourself in a range of conservation activities that safeguard the natural heritage of Ghana:
- Habitat Restoration:
- Planting Initiatives: Engage in tree planting and habitat restoration activities
- Invasive Species Control: Assist in controlling invasive species that threaten native ecosystems
- Wildlife Monitoring and Research:
- Species Monitoring: Participate in wildlife monitoring, including tracking of individual species
- Data Collection: Assist in data collection and analysis to inform conservation strategies
- Community Outreach and Education:
- Education Programs: Develop and deliver education programs to local communities
- Awareness Campaigns: Launch awareness campaigns to foster a culture of conservation
As a prospective intern, you should come equipped with the following:
- Background in Environmental Science or Biology: While not mandatory, a background in environmental sciences or a related field is highly beneficial
- Physical Fitness: The role may require substantial physical activity, including fieldwork in diverse terrains
- Passion for Conservation: A genuine passion for wildlife and conservation is vital
To secure your spot in this enriching internship program, follow these simple steps:
To apply for this internship, start by creating your personal profile with Internship Matching. They will evaluate your profile to see if we are a good match for each other. If everything aligns, they will arrange a video call so we can have a more in-depth conversation and discuss the opportunity further. This streamlined process ensures a smooth and efficient experience for both parties.
Take the first step toward making a tangible difference in wildlife conservation. Be a part of a dynamic team working to safeguard Ghana’s rich natural heritage for future generations.